Here’s a complete guide on how to download macOS 10.15 Catalina beta on your Mac right away using multiple methods including over the air and clean install.
With the announcement of macOS 10.15 Catalina, things are definitely heating up in the Mac world. There are a bunch of great features which users should definitely check out and those who have an Apple Developer Program membership can even go ahead and take everything for a spin right away. If you are one of the lucky ones with a developer membership at hand, then we have outlined every method you can utilize on how to install macOS 10.15 Catalina beta on your Mac.
Before you go ahead, please backup everything on an external storage medium or use iCloud. Secondly, make sure that your Mac is compatible to work with macOS 10.15 beta. If it’s not in the list then it’s not worth trying anything at all.
Download macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta Over the Air
This is the simplest and a non-destructive method of installing macOS 10.15 beta on your Mac as everything happens over the air. It simply upgrades your existing copy of macOS to the latest release without wiping your Mac clean.
- It all starts with signing into the Apple Developer Program website straight from your Mac in Safari.
- Head over to the Downloads section.
- Under the Featured Downloads, click the Download button next to macOS 10.15 beta.
- macOS Beta Access Utility will now be downloaded to your Downloads folder. Launch it and install it.
- Once the installation is complete, head over to System Preferences, launch System Updates and you will see the macOS 10.15 beta update available as an over the air download. Simply download it and follow the on-screen instructions for installation.
Clean Install macOS 10.15 Beta
Want to perform a fresh install of macOS 10.15 beta on your Mac? You can do that as well. It involves creating a USB Installer drive first, which you can find more information about here: How to Create macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta USB Installer Drive
Once you have created the USB Installer, leave the freshly created USB drive plugged in, restart your Mac and hold down the Option key on the keyboard. Select the USB Installer from the list of available drives, then head over to Disk Utility to wipe your main storage drive, go back to the main screen of the macOS 10.15 installer and then perform a clean install. It’s as simple as that.
While you are here, you may like to check out the following:
Content Courtesy Of WCCFTECH